Iowa Interfaith Power & Light seeks a part-time Program and Outreach Coordinator. The chosen candidate will work with the Executive Director to plan, oversee, and implement Iowa IPL’s expanding educational and outreach programming as part of our mission to engage and equip people of faith to become leaders in addressing the environmental and social justice consequences of climate change.
Iowa IPL inspires Iowa’s faith communities to embrace environmental stewardship as central to their religious convictions. We work together as people of faith to address climate change, to lead by example in reducing our individual and collective carbon footprints, and to advocate for sustainable energy policies for the benefit of present and future generations.
The deadline to apply is March 21. The full position description follows the jump.
Iowa IPL’s Program and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for leading, growing, and managing Iowa IPL’s programming, under the direction of its Executive Director. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Planning, overseeing, and implementing Iowa IPL educational and outreach programs, including but not limited to, the Cool Congregations and Food, Faith and Climate programs.
- Assisting the Executive Director in securing funding for Iowa IPL programs.
- Developing and overseeing the Iowa IPL volunteer speakers’ bureau.
- Working with the Iowa IPL Programming Committee to evaluate, develop, and implement ideas for further programming.
- Providing ongoing support for participating faith communities.
- Collecting and sharing best practices and program success stories with Iowa IPL supporters.
- Recruiting congregations and people of all faith traditions to support the work of Iowa IPL.
- Assisting in recruiting and developing a strong volunteer base.
- Maintaining communications with the Executive Director.
- Supporting all Iowa IPL committees and task groups on an as needed basis.
- Implementing other priorities as directed by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, in addition to:
- Project leadership experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven capacity to set realistic goals and meet program schedules
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with diverse groups of people
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Willingness to travel statewide
- Flexible daytime and weekend schedule
- A passion for Iowa IPL’s mission
Additional desirable traits include:
- Prior work experience in public speaking and communications
- Experience in website and social media communications
- Experience working in a non-profit setting
The Program and Outreach Coordinator reports to the Executive Director. The position requires travel within Iowa as well as evening and weekend availability (travel reimbursed). Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This is a part-time salaried position based on an average of 20 hours per week. Salary TBD based on experience.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Susan Guy at email@example.com by Friday, March 21, 2014 with the subject line “Program Coordinator Application”.