The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is seeking natural resource aids to work as part of the Forestry Bureau team to grow and provide conservation seedlings to the public. This includes performing a variety of semi-skilled and technical tasks.
- Collect seed in designated areas.
- Assist with planting, lifting, shipping and grading of seedlings.
- Help with recordkeeping and customer service.
- Recruit and organize volunteers, design and implement community service projects, or participate in local volunteer projects.
- Fulfill all required AmeriCorps program activities as outlined in the member handbook and contract.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Three and six month positions are available; interested individuals must meet AmeriCorps program requirements. The deadline to apply is May 9. For complete information about this opportunity, contact Evan Miller at Evan.Miller@DNR.Iowa.gov or call (515) 233-1161.