On Tuesday, March 20, State Senator Rob Hogg (D-Cedar Rapids) and State Senator Joe Bolkcom (D-Iowa City) will travel to five major communities served by MidAmerican Energy to warn of higher utility bills if House File 561 is approved. Under the bill, customers would likely pay hundreds of millions in higher utility bills for the licensing, permitting, and construction of a nuclear plant regardless of whether the plant ever produces any electricity.
Stops on the tour will include:
- 9:00 a.m. – Bolkcom and Hogg in Des Moines, Room 116, State Capitol
- 1:00 p.m. – Hogg in Sioux City, The Wilbur Aalfs (Main) Library, Gleeson Room, 529 Pierce Street
- 4:00 p.m. – Hogg in Fort Dodge, Fort Dodge Area Senior Center, 617 Central Avenue
- 11:30 a.m. – Bolkcom in Iowa City, Iowa City Public Library, Room D
- 2:30 p.m. – Bolkcom in Davenport, Davenport Public Library, Main Branch, Downtown