The following is from a press release by the Iowa Utilities Board. You might also review MidAmerican’s own website about the proposed rate increase, which the company ascribes partially to “costs associated with environmental regulations.”
The Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) has scheduled six meetings for customers to provide public comments on a proposed electric rate increase to be filed next week by MidAmerican Energy Company (MEC). At these meetings, customers will be able to provide comments and ask questions directly of representatives for the IUB, MEC, and the Office of Consumer Advocate, which represents consumers’ general interests in IUB proceedings.
The IUB will hold the following customer comment meetings:
- February 23, 2012, 5:30 p.m., Iowa Utilities Board, John Norris Hearing Room, 1375 E. Court Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa.
- February 28, 2012, 5:30 p.m., Modern Woodmen Park, Suites 10 and 11, 209 South Gaines Street, Davenport, Iowa.
- March 1, 2012, 5:30 p.m., Waterloo Center for the Arts, Petersen Town Hall, 225 Commercial Street, Waterloo, Iowa.
- March 6, 2012, 5:30 p.m., Briar Cliff University, Stark Student Center, Clare Room, 3303 Rebecca Street, Sioux City, Iowa.
- March 8, 2012, 5:30 p.m., Johnson County Fairgrounds, Montgomery Hall, 4261 Oak Crest Hill Road SE, Iowa City, Iowa.
- March 13, 2012, 5:30 p.m., Council Bluffs Public Library, Rooms A & B, 400 Willow Avenue, Council Bluffs, Iowa.
All comments provided at these publicmeetings will become part of the permanent record in this rate case. Once MidAmerican files its proposed rate increase, the IUB will also accept written public comments. Details will be available on the IUB website at: iub.iowa.gov.
The IUB’s decision on permanent rates in this case is anticipated by late December 2012. MEC serves about 637,700 electric customers in Iowa.